Pages

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What do we teach our Children?

Yesterday at Tuesday School when I went to pick the boys up, there was a discussion going on about what we teach our children about Santa. There are some there at church that allow and encourage their children to believe in Santa. There are others, that feel they are lying to their children if they do that and tell them that there is no Santa and that parents buy the presents. Now these children are slightly older than or the same age as my boys and are telling the boys that Santa isn't real...which in turn causes them to come home and ask questions about Santa's reality. When B asked me yesterday, I just turned the question on him and asked what he thought...did he think Santa was real? He said he did, so I told him that maybe he needed to ignore the kids that were saying these things.


So, my questions are: Are we lying to them when we allow them to believe in Santa? I look at it as being a fun part of the season and don't see a problem with it. However, the thoughts are there now.


No comments: