Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shoot From the Lip

by Leann Sweeney
ISBN: 978-0451220172
Amazon
Reviewed for Armchair Interviews


Shoot From the Lip is number 4 in the Yellow Rose Mystery series of books, and you wouldn’t even know you missed anything! Leann Sweeney does a wonderful job capturing the reader from the very beginning and keeping them till the very end. Shoot From the Lip is full of emotions! Anger, sadness, fear, happiness, laughter, joy, and tears…they are all there, and you will feel them along with the characters in this book!

Abby Rose finds herself wrapped in another adoption mystery that has more twists than a pretzel, and she organizes her life around her newest client, Emma Lopez. Emma, the strong sister who has raised her brothers and sister, now leans on Abby as she is plastered across the newspapers and TV because of a mysterious body found under her house. But what will happen when Abby learns that by helping Emma, she has also seriously involved her own family? And what about Jeff, Abby’s boyfriend? Will he be able to help her figure out this mystery? Abby, the police, and the rest of the crew, do a fantastic job of narrowing down the suspects and bringing the guilty one to justice.

I truly enjoyed this book by Ms. Sweeney. There were many times I kept telling myself, “One more chapter, one more chapter…” and then an hour and a half later put the book down! It drew me in and had me almost from the first page. I actually thought I had the mystery figured out, and WHAM! She surprised me with the ending! I would be truly happy to read another of the Yellow Rose Mystery series books. A pleasure!

Armchair Interviews says: This book's a pleasure!

No comments: