Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Things kids say....

While at the dr's office a couple weeks ago for my swimmers ear, Clayton was playing with the chairs there in the little exam room. He had a couple cars he was rolling back and forth on it...it was one of those ones that a little squishy and has air under the vinyl cover. Anyway, he found a pin-sized hole in the vinyl and was playing with pushing the seat down and the air blowing up on his face. He said, "Mom, come here and sit here..." I said, "No, I need to stay up here on the table." He said, "But, mom it will be much more airy if you sit on it!" :)

Then a few days later, Brent informed me that there are 3 meanings to the word "hot". I said, "well, I know of two...you tell me what you think they are." He said, "There's 'hot' as in temperature hot, there's 'hot' as in spicy hot, and then there's 'hot' as in, 'Wow, she's hot!'" LOL I just had to laugh...what else can you do when your 7-year-old says that to you!?

2 comments:

JeremyNSunny said...

LOL Heehee. What cuties. Isn't it a joy that there are so many moments of giggles with precious children around?? We, too, are in the throes of different meanings/spellings of the words of the English language. (sigh) Makes for good impromptu grammar/spelling lessons. :)

Ruth said...

sounds just like his daddy!:)