Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Time for an update!

I don't have alot of time, and need to post some pictures later this weekend, but I wanted to pop in and give an update. The boys went to Salem last week for a nice week with the aunts and Grandma Niecey. They went to a water park 2 times and swam on the days they weren't at the water park! LOL They needless to say came home tan and exhausted! I'm so glad they had fun though. They enjoy their time, but had told me by Tuesday night they were ready to come home. :)

Terry and I went to the condo with the Hosey's for the weekend and we had a blessed time. We had our 'owners meeting' with the people there...which basically means they tried to sell us more. We get so tired of these meetings and really hate having to every time explain why we will NOT be buying more than we have. It's so exhausting and we finally this time got a bit hateful with the people and told them if they didn't back off, we were gonna just walk out. Anyway, it was a fun weekend. Other than the meeting with the sales people, we didn't go outside till Sunday! :) We played games and watched movies and just chatted.

I really didn't get much done through the next few days without the kids. I tried, but for some reason, very little was accomplished. LOL I got the fans and cold air returns and ceilings vacuumed and cleaned the school room up to get ready for the upcoming year, but that's it. I felt a bit guilty, but know also that I needed the break.

This next week is VBS for our congregation...and I can't wait! It's gonna be fun. I'm so glad we have nothing else going on this weekend so that we can get some rest before a crazy week begins again! Okay, so the boys are really the ones who need the rest, but I'm sure I might take a nap too! :)

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

Well, we have VBS next week, too, but you sound WAY more excited about it than I am. (sigh) One of our young men designed all the sets, and the church has been working together to build them; it's been quite a project! It'll be cool, I'm suer; stay posted for pics, right?? ;)

We've never been in a situation to do the gig where a child/children gets to go stay for a few days with relatives. I always wonder what that would be like ... from all angles. (sigh) Meanwhile, things chug along swimmingly. Happy you had a refreshing week, all!