Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I've missed you....

It's been several months since I've done any blogging, and even then it wasn't the blogging I was wanting to do. I enjoy writing and I enjoy sharing my daily life and kids with family. But, life takes over and the blogging got pushed out! :( I've decided that I'm going to try to blog more often...even if it's just a written one that doesn't include photos. (I kept waiting for a time when I had the time to upload the pics, and that time never came, so I never did anything!) I do have a couple that I'm uploading right now....hopefully it won't take forever! My goal is to restart the blogging aspect of my life as a creative/writing outlet for myself. Something for me. We'll see where it goes...

Lately we've been just trying to get through the day-to-day life. School and housework, what I can do of it, just takes the whole day. Keeping the kids from fighting (normally the oldest and youngest, oddly enough!) takes about 1/4 of the day, school takes 1/2, and the house stuff takes 1/2....Oh, wait, I'm a 1/4 of a day over! HA!

Recently, a very kind lady from church gave me a bag of clothes that her granddaughter can't wear anymore (for Alivia) and the night I went through them, these are the items A picked out. She wanted them put on immediately, and then paraded around the house in them. :) How could I not take a picture!? Crocs, a ruffly skirt, and a fuzzy winter hat...Precious! The only thing here that we already owned was the shirt. :D



Several weeks ago, we made a radar for science (LOVE Apologia Press!!!) and I was taking taking pictures of the process. The camera can't be out (or the phone camera) without her saying, "Cheese!" and then immediately it's, "Baby...Baby"....she's wanting to see the baby picture. :)



One afternoon, I was helping one of the boys with their schoolwork and she kept coming to me and saying, "Night night" and pointing to my shoulder, wanting to lay her head down. I couldn't stop at that moment and told her to go lay on the couch and I would be with her in a few minutes. Well, the math work ended up taking longer than I expected and when I walked into the living room this (below) is what I found. She *never* goes to sleep on her own. E.V.E.R. (And she hasn't done it again since!)



Last week, I decided to make breakfast. This may not seem out of the norm for most moms, but it is for me. I don't make breakfast or lunch at this point. The boys know how to make a few things so they typically do their own thing for both meals. But this particular morning, I was wanting to try something new with biscuits. I had seen something on Pinterest (LOVE that site!) where someone made cookie cups by baking the cookies on the bottom side of the muffin pan. Combine that with a meal I had over a year ago at Bob Evans that was called a Biscuit Bowl (a bowl sized biscuit filled with eggs, ham, fried potatoes, onions, etc...topped with a hollendaise sauce!! YUM!) and I had an inspiration. Clayton decided to take pictures of the process and Alivia had to get her chair up to the counter to help. :-)



They didn't turn out too bad....but need some work before I'm satisfied. But it was fun, regardless. I still want to try the cookie cups though....

Time to go. Time to figure out what we're having for dinner and get it made before T gets home!



No comments: