Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Precious Memories

I fell in love all over again with my boys today. I pulled down a box of pictures, that need to be scrabooked, with the job of pulling out C's. (I have to start on his baby book...he's already 4 and we have nothing to show him on his birthday...and he ALWAYS asks!) Well, I started flying through pictures and found some of a vacation, some of another vacation, and some of family. Then I found the envelope that contained the boys. I put all of B's back and pulled out C's, knowing they would contain several shots of B as well.

I saw some of him as a baby. I saw some of him crawling. Then I found the pack that I had taken (as I did with B) at 6 months...in Black and White. I practically cried! They were so precious and there is so much more visibility with Black and White photo's. Then I moved on to the pack that had the delivery and hospital photos. I cried all over again remembering the emotions that were swirling through me that morning.

The boys walked in at that point and asked what I was looking at. So I invited them over by me and showed the all the photos and explained what was what and who was where in each one. It was so precious to hear their squeals of delight when they saw themselves as babies, or laughing when they saw themselves doing something silly (like eating birthday cake and having it ALL OVER!).

My boys are so precious to me. I may get mad at them and they may drive me crazy, but I love them dearly. Flipping through these pictures simply reminded me how much. I'm so thankful for the chance to put these memories in a permanant form and be able to look at them from time to time.

No comments: