Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Reunion Weekend

We got in last night from our reunion in West Plains (my mom's side of the family) and it was quite a weekend. We were late getting started on Friday, so we didn't get down there until after 5, and had to eat lunch on the way...we just grabbed Hardees.

When we got to the hotel (Best Western) we discovered that the girl who took our reservations for us made them for NEXT weekend! And they were full with queen size beds. So we debated on going somewhere else, but T went to talk to the lady and said we'd take the rooms with king size beds, but since it was their mistake he didn't think we should have to pay the $10 per night for the roll-away bed. She called the manager and he agreed....we'd get it for free! :) Made me happy!

Well, we hadn't been there 30 minutes in the hotel, when B started throwing up. He had had a time in the car where he felt carsick, but was able to keep it down (which was a first for him) and we figured it was just the 'after' stuff of holding it all in. Well, about 30 minutes after that, he did it again. So we figured he had something.... We were supposed to eat dinner with my cousin and her family, so C and I went over there and T and B stayed at the hotel. C kept saying he didn't want to eat, but I figured he just wanted to play so I let him. Well, we went to WM after we left their house to get B some 7-up, and we hadn't got back to the hotel for 15 minutes when C started throwing up! OY!

So they continued to throw up most of the night.....B's last one was at 2 AM and C's last one was at 3:30....at which time, B was up saying he felt so much better and was ready to eat! LOL So we went back to bed and slept till 8, when Grandma took them for breakfast and let us rest a bit more.

Then when I got up, I started feeling really sick to my stomach and ended up with diarrhea (I know, TMI...sorry) all day and ended up sleeping most of the day. By lunch, we went to Quiznos, cuz I thought if I ate something maybe I would feel better....nope. The boys and I couldn't eat...so that was wasted money, since we didn't have anywhere to put the food in the hotel. Then that night we went to Ryan's to eat for supper (I had actually woke up from a nap feeling better) and discovered that they don't do just a soup and salad bar (cuz all I wanted was soup) so we had to pay full price for the buffet and only eat soup! :( Well, we were pretty much done in for by the evening, but went to my great-aunt's house to see the family for just a bit. We were all able to sleep the night through and I woke up the next morning HUNGRY! but still sorta queasy. We went to church with my cousin and visited with family after that, but left mid afternoon cuz we were so tired from it all, we just wanted to go home.

We're assuming that we just had a touch of food-poisoning from Hardess (gag) and all, but it was just a REALLY bad time to get sick! I am wondering though if I actually had an actual flu since mine has sorta continued until today. But I guess we'll never really know! It just seems that every time we go to West Plains we end up sick (one time, T got the flu, one time is was fevers, and now this!)...so we're wondering how often we want to make that trip?? LOL

Hope you all had a much better weeekend that we did! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
OH NO!! I sure hope that it wasn't from me. But, by the sounds of it, MY weekend was much like yours. I was sick ALL night Saturday night/Sunday morning. Feel GREAT today, though, so glad it's all over with. Hope you all are doing better, too. Nasty viruses!! SO SORRY!! :-(
Much love,
Misti