Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Frustration

I try really hard not to 'preach' to people about homeschooling. I know that if they need help or information, they will ask and I can offer the help they need (or send them to the right source). However, when they have asked for help and plainly know what they would like to choose, but then go the 'normal' way because of pressure from family, it gets really frustrating. And then to hear them continually groan and moan about the fact that they are having to send their child to PS and how horrible it is, when they know they have a better or different choice, and yet have chosen not to do so.

Such is the case with someone I know. I have talked at length with someone explaining that they cannot allow their family to determine their direction in raising their family. If they truly feel they should be homeschooling (as I was told) they should be strong enough to do what they feel is right. I also explained that their family would come around (and used my extended family as a prime example; myself personally as another example!) and see that they were not 'harming' their child by homeschooling and that they could do a great job, perhaps a better job that the PS.

And then to make the decision and then bemoan the decision is truly bothersome as well. If you make a decision, deal with it. Don't complain about it, especially if you had full control over it. If you aren't happy with the decision you made then change it. You can always change your mind and do what you truly feel is right.

Why are people SO against homeschooling? Why do they think that they have to conform to what their family wants them to do? What happened to doing what we felt led to do by the Lord and letting Him guide our footsteps?

These things I have been pondering....

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

Amen!! and Ditto!!