Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Wonderful weekend!

We were childless for the weekend! :) Mom and dad took the boys for the weekend so that we and some friends of ours could go on Saturday to one of the local wineries and take a tour. I'd been there last year with the college girls that came to MO, but Terry still had never been. We really enjoyed the live band and getting to try several different wines so that we could figure out which ones we liked! :)

We went to get the kids last night and they were WOUND! I kept asking mom what she gave them before we got there, cuz they just wouldn't settle down! They were loud and full of energy. But by the time we got home they had settled down considerably. They even commented on how clean the house was when they walked in! LOL Now, if a 5 and 7 year old will notice it when it's clean, it must be really bad beforehand, which it was!

This week is a 'normal' week for us. We have TKD twice and then Presidents with our homeschool group on Thursday morning. We've just started, but we're doing George Washington and John Adams and we'll work our way through the list. I'm really pretty excited about it, as I never learned them in school and have always wanted to learn about the Presidents. Cool!

This weekend, we'll be going to Salem so we can celebrate Clayton's birthday with the family there. It will be our first time going in since the first of August! It's not like us to go so many weeks without visiting, but life has just gotten so crazy! Clayton is excited about getting to FINALLY celebrate his birthday (even though it hasn't even occurred yet), as he's been waiting for months for his birthday! But hey, at least THIS year I have his scrapbook caught up to his 2nd birthday, so we have pictures to share with him. (He's only been asking for that for a couple years, but hey, what can I say???)

K, time to go get them ready for TKD and get supper started. One of these days, Sunny, I'll get some pics on here of myself and get out from behind the camera! :) No one will take pictures if I don't do it! LOL

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

heehee -- I know. Most families tend to have A picture-taker, singular. In my baby book there are precious few pictures of my dad; he is the picture-taker. I am the picture-taker in our family, too, and although I hate-hate-hate to have my picture taken, I'm trrrrrrrrying to do our children (and loved ones commenting on *my* blog) the 'favor' of having a picture of me now and then. urrrr

I would LIKE a winery tour. I would LIKE a clean house (a focus of this week, actually!! ... including some permanent schedule changes toward that end!!). I would LIKE to share birthdays with my extended family. :***( (sniff, sniff) I would LIKE to get some more pictures scrapbooked. (Note to self: Begin creating a plan on that topic!!)

Presidents with the homeschool club sounds GREAT! Did you read in one of my recent blog posts that I just learned that President William McKinley was martyred???! I'd NEVER known that! (blink, blink)

So glad you had a pleasant weekend! :) [We are in a bad day today. Unless information received a couple hours ago is mercifully incorrect, we just learned that we were jilted out of the $1400 the church folks all sacrificially donated to us to get the engine in the Subaru fixed ... because the company we bought the engine from six weeks ago over the Internet turns out to be a SCAM!!!!!?! We were trying to find a place where the engine could be dropped off, since it 'had to be shipped to a business', but we'd not yet found a place that would accept the shipment, because of liability purposes. Go figure. Pray please.]