Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Countdown has begun!

Well, Terry is entering the final countdown for the surgery tomorrow. I'm just as nervous as he is. :) I have faith that it will all be okay and we'll make it just fine. The Lord is faithful and will have us in His care!

The boys are definitely feeling the tension through all this. Brent has been only half-listening to things....(whether it is intentional or not, I haven't determined. There is a part of me that thinks he could truly not be hearing things b/c of his mind being preoccupied with other things. But then again, he could be using this time to 'play' mom and dad....) and Clayton is getting a major attitude that I'm having to call him on. He's getting a little big for his britches....which could be a phase and could be him just acting out cuz he thinks he can. Oy....it's so exhausting!

Mom is coming down tonight to spend the next few days with us so that I can focus on Terry and his healing without having to deal with the boys being underfoot. I just know how they have been in the past 3 months, I don't need them inspecting every little thing like they've been doing. LOL

I have finally gotten all of 2007 files out of my file cabinet and am set up to start filing 2008. :) That's a HUGE thing for me....I normally don't get that all done until tax time!

Brent came and got in bed with me this morning, something he doesn't EVER do....but this morning he woke up with a bloody nose. :( Terry said, "I'm confused as to why he's getting bloody noses" and I reminded him that it is winter, after all, and he is also MY son...meaning he has inherited my luck with nose problems. (I was plagued with bloody noses as a kid because my veins in my nose were so close to the surface that anytime I blew my nose or got it bumped (even lightly) it would bleed.) Anyway, it didn't last long, but it wasn't a very good way to start the day.

We've been working really hard to get back into a school routine. There is a part of me that wonders why I'm trying to do anything with all the surgery stuff that's going one. But then again, I know me. Last week would have been surgery, this week would have been surgery, and then next week would be recuperation time, and then the next week there would be some excuse as to why we could get by without doing school. So I just decided to plunge in and get started. And if we only get 3 out of the 5 days done, so be it. It's still better than we would have done had I allowed for excuses. :) So I feel better and I guess that is what matters at this point! LOL

Better get my lesson finished....and then on to Bible class!

No comments: