Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mid-week Slump

Well, there isn't much to tell. We had a fun/busy weekend, but nothing out of the ordinary. On Friday night I went to work on my scrapbook stuff at the church building...I got several pages done on C's book, but am still only at month 2 of his life! LOL Oh well...a little progress is better than NO progress! :)

Then on Saturday, we had a very laid back day until it was time to go to Guess Who's Coming for Dinner at church. We ended up at the Watson's with some other people and not only did we have FUN but we had VERY good smoke ribs! Go Scott!

On Sunday, we had normal life through the morning and then in the afternoon, the boys and I went to a baby shower for some friends of ours. He is precious!!! Brent got to hold a newborn baby girl while there and was completely enamored with her! I made the comment that perhaps if they had a new baby around the house, they would quit asking for a dog! LOL Some of the other moms there looked at me like I was crazy... They said, "You can't give a baby away when they get tired of it...a dog you can!" I simply told them that in our house that isn't true...once we get a dog, we'll have it till it dies, cuz with our kids there is no giving away anything! LOL So we'll see what happens!

Monday, we got to go see how screen-printed T-shirts are made at Horizons. VERY COOL! I remember when I was a kid and my dad did screen-printing for some extra money, that they had a max operation of 4 colors and it was all manual. Well, now, they have a 12-color machine..and it's automated! I was in awe! Then the boys (and the other kids that were there) got to screen-print their own t-shirts with a cool homeschooling logo on them. Next, we're gonna tie-dye the shirts so we can all wear them when we're out at homeschooling functions! So excited!! :)

Yesterday, mom came down and helped me do more spring-cleaning/organizing. We worked on the boys' room primarily...rearranging it and giving them more 'play' room so that hopefully they will actually play in their room more! :) But while Brent and I were organizing the toys and weeding some of them out, mom and Clayton cleaned up the kitchen... Clayton actually swept and mopped my whole kitchen! WOW! Now that I know they can do it, guess who will be mopping from now on?? haha!

Anyway, today has been spent doing school and working on my Bible class for tonight. This weekend we are going to Salem to celebrate Brent's birthday (he'll be 7 next week!!!) with the rest of the family. Plus, baby Chase will be there for the first time, so I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

Wow, how cool about those shirts, and !!!!!!!!!!!! what wonderful news that baby Chase will get to be with his extended family for the first time!! Phew!! What a relief! Those were some stressful days, in there.