Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More Birthday

Well, life is fun when you can truly surprise your kids! :) We, of course, got Brent a new bike for his birthday. So we blindfolded him on the front porch while Terry brought it up from the basement. This is his reaction when he saw it:

Here are more shots of him just waiting for Daddy and Grandpa to finish the adjusting process.


Here are a couple videos of him riding this bike for the first time (and for those who've never seen our house, you get a pretty good shot of it in the background and can even see our little bitty garden at the side of the house at the end of the second video):



After we came in from the bike time, Mom had a couple gifts for the boys that she made: Blankets! :) Brent's is Star Wars themed:


Clayton's was Cars themed and he went a bit nuts when he saw it. LOL I tried to get a shot of his facial reaction, and this is what I got:

But then we got him calmed down a bit and I was able to take these:



But then Mom turned the blanket over and before I could get a shot, he flopped himself down on it! LOL

Obviously he liked it ALOT! :) Brent liked his too...they both also got pillows of the same material and of course they slept with them. Then this morning, when they got up, they both came out of their room carrying their new pillows and dragging their new blankets. It was really cool.

After we showed them their blankets, we ate supper (Brent's choice): lasagna! :) It was so yummy! I use real ricotta cheese (not cottage cheese) when I make lasagna...and halfway through the dinner, Terry gave me a really nice compliment. He said it tasted just like (or better) than Olive Garden's lasagna! Go me!

So all in all a good birthday so far for him, I think! :) We are planning on going to the circus on Saturday night as well. It's the first time either boy has ever been, and a first for me in 20 years! Can't wait!

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

You freak me out. Our lives are eerily parallel, from moms who sew quilts to kids learning to ride bikes, to gardening, to cooking at home food like ... (mmmmm) Olive Garden's!! lol Except, Jeremy doesn't like ricotta. So, there you go.

What fun you've had this week; I'm so happy to hear about it!!