Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice and more ice

We're finally getting a winter here, but it's not the kind of winter we want! Instead of snow, we're getting ice. And LOTS of it. Oddly, it's coming down in pellets instead of the freezing rain stuff that we had last year...so this doesn't seem to be sticking to trees and power lines, just cars and roads! LOL Right now we're at about 4 inches of ice and it's still coming down. We're supposed to have snow on top of this but that depends on how low the winds blow the snow-storm. Who knows....

The boys of course are not getting a snow day off of school. :( They are grumpy about it, but they are living with it. Brent keeps asking me when they will get a day off school and I told him they gets days off all the time, I just don't point it out. Hmm..perhaps I should? :)

No word yet on the job front for Terry. Right now things are just status quo. Hopefully, they will stay this way...if they do then all will be okay. If they change again, that's when things will get really interesting.

I am working on this diet thing....again. I've added exercise into my routine, which is really hard for me. But I'm working on it. I've lost 1 lb. 1 measly pound. It's depressing, but I'm trying not to let it get to me.

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

The Midwest and its icy winters.... Sheesh. Us, too, though we have waaaay more snow than you do, methinks.

Yeah, weight loss?? (sigh) Don't get me started. If I exercise to try to lose weight I can NOT stay motivated. If I exercise to 1.) have more endurance and strength for the things I want to do, 2.) 'feel better' (And I truly do!) on a daily basis, 3.) improve my flexibility, 4.) improve/sustain my mental health, and 5.) be a good example to our children about staying active even on otherwise non-active days, this list is varied enough, sober enough, and long enough that it gets me 'moving' WAAAAY more than those non-budging numbers on the scale that lies. I say the scale lies because pounds are the absolute WORST WAY to measure health. I am absolutely anti-scale.

Eesh, though ... don't get me started on this topic.... (sigh)

Great sledding, guys! We're enjoying it, too. Matter of fact, once I kick this virus, I'm preparing to post a blog including PICTURES and VIDEOS, some of which document our sledding adventures of '09. :) Hooray! :)