Pages

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

New Appliance

Brent got his new appliance today....a palate expander. :) He was nervous, excited, apprehensive, and scared all at the same time. But the expander went on well and was cemented like it needed to be. Now he has to work on relearning how to talk and learning how to swallow (and not slurp!)! It will take some days to get used to it and begin the process, but I know he'll make it just fine. We go back in a month to recheck everything, but we have to turn it every other day, which means I have to be on top of things! LOL

The only down part really of the whole thing is that Brent is quite upset that he can't have a huge list of items while he has the appliance.... no gum (!), no chewy candy (caramel, skittles, taffy, etc), no suckers or hard candy. He looked at me after the assistant left the area and said, "Now I can't have dessert for 6 months!!" I said, "You can have ice cream." He was quick to point out that we didn't have any ice cream at the house....so I guess I will be getting some today! LOL He also told me that no one else in the family could have gum for 6 months...cuz it wouldn't be fair for us to have it and he couldn't. We'll have to see about that! LOL

No comments: