Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Dr. is in

Last week, one afternoon, I had the privilege of being a patient in my own house. B decided he would be a doctor and I would be the patient. He started out by tapping my knees with his hammer. Well, one of them wouldn't 'bounce'. So he told me I needed to lay down and he'd have to do surgery. He proceeded to tell me that I had a bubble that kept bouncing between my knee and my ankle. So he 'cut' my leg open and removed the bubble and then smoothed my skin back out to heal, with a rolling pin! LOL

Then my other leg wasn't 'bouncing' right and only my foot was twitching. So he determined that my 'apprentisement' was blocking something and had to be fixed. While he 'fixed' me, I was trying to figure out what an apprentisement was. I finally figured it out: My nephew had just (that week) had to have an emergency appendectomy and he was confusing that with the word advertisement. SO! I got that all worked out and I was healed.

But during the process, of course C wants to get involved. So B tells him he can be the nurse. While B was working on my legs, C worked on my head and arms. (Apparently, I was one messed up patient!) Well, B went looking for something, a tool of some sort to work on me with, and couldn't find it. He finally discovered that C had it...and said, "Those nurses! Always using us doctors' tools and trying to be like us!" LOL I just about cracked up!

Apparently they did a good job on me....I haven't had to be seen by the dr since that day! :)

No comments: